What Programs or Equipment Do I Need to Start My Course?
Once your payment is received, you will be granted password protected access to the VIP.
You will however need the following IT requirements for successful course completion:
- Internet connection or Wi-Fi access
- Microsoft Word 2013 or above
- Computer, laptop or mobile device with sound and graphics card
- Free downloadable version of Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Access to a smart phone for recording video assessments
What Skills Do I Need to Complete my Course?
Language, Numeracy & Literacy
You will be required to have a basic level of English language, numeracy and literacy skills to complete the course. If at time Validum Institute is concerned about your level of language, numeracy or literacy you may be asked to complete a LLN Test (Language, Literacy, Numeracy Test) before starting your course. A copy of the LLN Test can be found HERE.
If you need help with your language, numeracy or literacy, the following services may be of assistance:
- The Reading Writing Hotline
- The Australian Government Language Literacy and Numeracy Program
- Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP)
To complete this course, you will be required to have a basic level of computer skills. You will be required to:
- Creating, saving and editing Microsoft Office documents
- Access and search the internet
- Download and save documents from websites
- Uploading documents through websites
- Record and uploading videos