Validum Institute Student Lounge Terms and Conditions
Validum is unique amongst training providers in offering a lounge for current students to use when completing their course. The Validum Institute Student Lounge (Student Lounge) is a quiet place of study for Validum students with in-person trainer support and assistance available.
The Student Lounge is open Monday to Friday from 9 am to 5 pm.
There is high demand for use of the Student Lounge and places are limited. Bookings are required.
To ensure that all students have equitable access to the Student Lounge and ensure fair and adequate trainer support and assistance for all users, Validum has implemented the following Student Lounge Terms and Conditions (Lounge Terms and Conditions).
By making a booking to use the Student Lounge, you are deemed to have read, understood and agreed to comply with these Lounge Terms and Conditions.
Where possible, Validum will make reasonable attempts to accommodate all Student Lounge bookings.
Validum staff have the right to refuse entry to any student or person at any time if, in their reasonable opinion:
- the student or person does not or will not comply with the Lounge Terms and Conditions;
- the refusal is necessary for the orderly operation of the Student Lounge, to ensure the availability of adequate trainer support and assistance for other Student Lounge users;
- the refusal is necessary to ensure ongoing compliance with COVID-19 requirements; or
- the refusal is necessary for the safety or comfort of other Student Lounge users or Validum staff.
Students MUST book at least 24 hours in advance to use the Student Lounge.
Bookings can be made by calling Validum Reception on 1800 848 911 on Monday to Friday, between 9 am and 5:30 pm (Brisbane time). Validum staff will take bookings on a “first in first served” basis.
When you call to make a booking, you will be asked:
- what day(s) you wish to use the Student Lounge;
- your preferred Student Lounge entry and exit time(s);
- if you require trainer assistance during your time in the Student Lounge; and
- if you require the use of a Validum Laptop during your time in the Student Lounge.
After you make your booking, Validum will confirm with you the date, time of entry and the length of your stay in the Student Lounge (your Booking) via email and provide you with directions to the Institute. Validum holds no responsibility for students not receiving this email.
There is no limit on the number of times a student can come into the Student Lounge, but you can only book a maximum of one (1) Student Lounge visit at a time.
If you already have one current Booking, you can only make a further Booking at the end of your last Booking.
Students are responsible for remembering their Booking details and for ensuring they have directions to the Student Lounge.
Where possible, Validum Institute will send you a reminder SMS for your Booking one (1) day before your Booking. Validum Institute holds no responsibility for students not receiving this message as it is purely provided as an additional support for students.
If students have not received directions or a Booking reminder, they are responsible for calling Validum on 1800 848 911 during office hours to confirm their Booking details.
If the Student Lounge is fully booked, you may request to be placed on the waitlist. Placement on the waitlist is on a “first in first served” basis.
In the event of a Booking cancellation, we will contact the student at the top of the waitlist to offer them the vacant spot. If that student no longer requires the use of the Student Lounge or is not contactable, we will contact the next student on the waitlist until a student answers and confirms the booking spot.
If you have not been contacted by Validum one (1) hour before your preferred Student Lounge entry time on your waitlisted date, this means a spot is not available in the Student Lounge.
If you wish to cancel your Booking or you no longer wish to use the Student Lounge, a minimum of 24 hours cancellation notice is required. This will allow us to free up your spot for other students.
Booking cancellations can be made by calling Validum Institute Reception on 1800 848 911 on Monday to Friday, between 9 am and 5:30 pm (Brisbane time).
If you fail to contact Validum Institute to cancel your Booking within the required timeframe, or you do not attend at the Student Lounge on the day and time of your Booking (No-Show), you will not be allowed to make another Student Lounge booking for one (1) week (Booking Block).
We do appreciate that sometimes events are out of your control and you may not be able to make it to the Student Lounge as per your scheduled Booking. If this happens, Validum may use its discretion to waive the Booking Block in exceptional circumstances.
You are required to arrive on time at your Student Lounge Booking.
If you are running late, please contact Validum Institute to advise us as soon as you are aware that you are running late
If you are more than 30 minutes late for your Booking and you have not contacted us, your Booking will be cancelled and your spot will be made available to students on the waitlist. This is also considered a No-Show, and you will not be allowed to make another Booking for one (1) week.
If you arrive more than 30 minutes after your scheduled Booking (without notifying Validum), you will not be guaranteed a place for that day, and Validum staff have a right to deny you entry into the Student Lounge.
A trainer will usually be working in the Student Lounge. This means you can ask the trainer for tuition support and assistance when required.
Please note that Monday is a self-study day which means that a trainer may not be present, or if they are, their time is dedicated to professional development and marking and they may be unable to assist students.
Trainer support on a given day is planned and allocated in advance based on the number of confirmed Bookings for that day. Please note that on a given day, priority for trainer support is given to those students who have made a Booking for that day.
Validum’s Fair Use Policy applies – please be mindful of the fact that the trainer is there to assist all Validum students (and not just those who are present in the Student Lounge).
If you require dedicated, continuous one-on-one training and support throughout your entire course, please contact us to make alternative arrangements for support.
Validum supplies a limited number of laptops for students to use while in the Student Lounge (Validum Laptops).
If you have your own laptop, we ask that you bring your own laptop to use while in the Student Lounge. This will also free up the Validum Laptops to be used by those who genuinely do not have access to computers.
The Validum Laptops and their software and accessories remain the property of Validum Institute. Students will be held liable for any damage or theft of Validum property.
While using the Student Lounge, you will have free access to WiFi. Validum’s Fair Use Policy applies. Validum continuously monitors data usage, internet and download activity on its network. Downloading or streaming content outside your course work, or using the WiFi for personal or non-course related purposes is not permitted.
Students are expected to use the Student Lounge, its WiFi, Validum Laptops, facilities, and trainer support and assistance in a reasonable manner for the purpose of completing their course only.
In relation to trainer support or assistance, reasonable use involves asking a trainer to help with specific question(s) from time to time. To ensure that adequate trainer support and assistance is available to all Student Lounge users, trainers are not able to spend extended periods of time solely with you.
If you require dedicated one-on-one training and support throughout your entire course, please contact us to make alternative arrangements for support.
The following Student Lounge Use Guidelines apply to ensure the comfort of all students using the Student Lounge:
- Students MUST sign in and out of the Student Lounge at Reception upon arriving and leaving
- Students MUST ONLY use the dedicated Student Lounge access door to access the Student Lounge
- Students are not permitted to walk through Validum offices unaccompanied by staff
- Please put your mobile phone on silent mode while you are in the Student Lounge
- Any phone calls must be made or taken outside the Student Lounge
- If you intend to view videos or listen to audio on your device, please bring your own headphones. For health and hygiene reasons, we do not provide headphones for use.
- Please see Reception for any issues regarding the Student Lounge and student comfort
- Please see Reception for any technical issues
- Please ask Reception for any course-related questions or issues if a trainer is not present
- All rubbish must be placed in the bin provided and the work surfaces kept clean
- All property of Validum must remain within the Validum Office or the Student Lounge
- Please ensure that you retain a separate copy of any documents or files you saved on to a Validum laptop. For student privacy and security reasons, all documents or files saved by a student onto a Validum laptop are permanently deleted at the end of each day.
- Food is NOT permitted to be consumed inside the Student Lounge for the comfort of others
- You must inform Reception immediately if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, dry cough, runny nose, tiredness, headache or shortness of breath. You will also be required to leave the Student Lounge.