We talk to a large number of people everyday. Before they enrol in a course, most seem to ask one similar question: Which course is right for me?
It is easy to feel overwhelmed when trying to decide which course is best for you. So in today’s blog we outline the differences and benefits of each course so you can unlock your potential and pick the course that suits you best!
Firstly, we outline what the Registration Certificate Course involves, what it allows you to do in Queensland and the benefits of undertaking a Registration Certificate course.
What is a Registration Certificate Course?
A Registration Certificate Course is the minimum study requirement for working as a Sales Agent, Property Manager or Administrator in an agency.
What will a Registration Certificate allow me to do?
Once you have completed your Registration Certificate Course and have received your Statement of Attainment, you will need to apply for your Registration Certificate Salesperson Licence with the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) to qualify as a fully registered Sales Agent in Queensland. Then you will be able to:
- Buy, sell, exchange or rent houses, businesses, land or any interest in these;
- manage their place of business (except the principal place of business), unless you are registered with conditions;
- negotiate on behalf of a buyer, seller, landlord or exchanging or renting of houses, businesses or land;
- show property to potential buyers;
- inspect and assess property for sale or rent;
- advertise a property for rent or sale (this includes setting up signs);
- open up a property for inspection for sale or rent.
Click here for more information on registering as a real estate salesperson.
What are the key benefits of studying a Registration Certificate Course?
- Affordable – under $1000 will get qualified and OFT registration
- Fast – some of our students complete their course in a few weeks
- Recognised – ability to obtain a job as a salesperson or property manager in an agency
Now we will discuss what the Real Estate Agent Licence Course includes, what it allows you to do in Queensland and the benefits of studying a Real Estate Agent Licence Course.
What is a Real Estate Agent Licence Course?
A Real Estate Agent Licence Course is the course required to own and manage a real estate agency and act as a principal licensee. You can also work as an independent contractor and contract your services to an established agency.
What will a Real Estate Agent Licence allow me to do?
Once you have completed your Real Estate Agent Licence Course and have received your Statement of Attainment, you will need to apply for your individual licence with the Office of Fair Trading to be a fully licenced Real Estate Agent in Queensland. Then you will be able to:
- Market properties for sale and / or rent
- Find suitable renters / sellers / purchasers for properties
- Prepare contracts for sale / purchase / rental agreements
- Conduct property inspections and appraisals
- Prepare and pitch client presentations
- Handle all property related correspondence and statements
- Manage trust accounts and business finances
- Manage and run your own agency
Click here for more information on applying for a real estate agent licence with the OFT
What are the key benefits of studying a Real Estate Agent Licence Course?
Flexibility – Able to open your own agency and manage a team or work in an agency as an independent contractor
Knowledge – With extra modules of study, you learn a lot more around the fundamentals of working in the real estate industry.
Preferred – A lot of agencies are preferring to hire fully licenced sales agents
There you have it, the differences and benefits of two of our most popular courses. If you are still unsure about which course is the better option for you, feel free to contact our support team at Validum Institute on (07) 3193 5270 to have a chat about which course would be better for you, so you can unlock your true potential and kick start your career in Real Estate.
Thinking about becoming a real estate agent or property manager? We’ll teach you how with our flexible and affordable real estate courses. Call Validum Institute on (07) 3193 5270 or visit www.validum.edu.au and experience Validum difference today.