Key things to know before enrolling in your Resident Letting Agent (RLA) Licence?
What is a Resident Letting Agent?
A resident letting agent rents out and manages units within a building complex on behalf of the body corporate or owners. They are responsible for collecting rents and handle all maintenance and management enquiries and issues for the building.
A resident letting agent may live on site at the complex or simply work on site. Many people become a resident letting agent as they enjoy the lifestyle and location that many unit complexes offer.
What course do I need to study to become a Queensland Resident Letting Agent?
To become a Queensland Resident Letting Agent you will need to study the RLA Course.
What will I learn in my RLA Licence?
6 Units of Competency will be covered in this course:
- BSBSMB406 – Manage small business finances
- CPPDSM4006A – Establish and manage agency trust accounts
- CPPDSM4007A – Identify legal and ethical requirements of property management to complete agency work
- CPPDSM4010A – Lease property
- CPPDSM4015B – Minimise agency and consumer risk
- CPPDSM4016A – Monitor and manage lease or tenancy agreement
How long will I have to complete my RLA Licence?
You have 6 months to complete the Course, however it doesn’t mean the course will take you that long to complete. This will depend on your experience, and time available for study. Some of our students have completed this course in as little as a few days.
How many assessments will I have to do?
There are 3 uniquely designed sets of assessments via our very user friendly interactive learner portal for the RLA Course.
How will the course be delivered?
At Validum Institute YOU are in control of the way YOU want to learn. That is what our affordable, flexible and customised approach to learning means. Your course will be delivered via an interactive learner portal combined with personal one-on-one trainer support and assessment help.
Study the way YOU want! It’s YOUR choice:
- Visit the Student Lounge and study in quiet and meet like-minded people also studying your course with direct access to onsite trainers
- Study anytime, anyplace, on any device (PC, laptop, mobile, ipad, tablet) with our simple to use and interactive learner portal
- Why not combine both of the above – access to trainers in person, online, or over the phone support in addition to the interactive learner portal
Whatever study option suits YOU best, we will help YOU every step of the way. We pride our success on the success of our students.
What happens after I complete my course?
Once you’ve completed your course and received your Statement of Attainment, you will need to apply through the Queensland Office of Fair Trading (OFT) for your Resident Letting Agent Licence. Your resident letting agent licence allows you to:
- rent out and manage units in a building complex (on behalf of the owners and body corporate)
- collect rents in the complex
- operate a trust account.
With this licence you must:
- hold current body corporate approval for each building complex you manage
- have a registered office in one of the building complexes you manage
- have a licensed person in charge at each place of business
- appoint a substitute licensee whenever you are absent from work
- not sell any units in the complex you manage unless you hold a real estate agent licence.
For detailed information and steps on how to obtain your Real Estate Registration or Licence with the OFT, CLICK HERE.
How do I enrol in this course?
Want to know more?
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions Page or simply call us on (07) 3193 5270 to answer all your questions.