Key things to know before enrolling in your Real Estate Salesperson Registration Certificate
What is a Real Estate Salesperson?
A real estate salesperson looks after the selling and buying of houses. You must work in an existing agency under the direction of an Agency Principal. You will be responsible for:
- Market properties for sale
- Find suitable purchasers for properties
- Prepare contracts for sale / purchase agreements
- Conduct property inspections and evaluations
- Prepare and pitch client presentations
- Handle all property related correspondence and statements
What course do I need to study to become a Queensland real estate salesperson?
- To be a real estate salesperson in Queensland working for an existing agency you will need to study the Real Estate Registration Certificate.
- A Registration Certificate is the minimum requirement you need to work in the Real Estate. It is designed for those wanting to start within the real estate industry as a real estate salesperson or property manager working for an existing agency.
If you wish to become a fully Licenced Real Estate Agent where you can work for agencies as a contractor or start your own agency, you will need to study your full Real Estate Agent Licence.
What will I learn in my Real Estate Registration Certificate?
7 Units of Competency will be covered in this Course:
- CPPDSM4008A – Identify legal and ethical requirements of property sales to complete agency work
- CPPDSM4009B – Interpret legislation to complete agency work
- CPPDSM4010A – Lease property
- CPPDSM4012A – List property for sale
- CPPDSM4015B – Minimise agency and consumer risk
- CPPDSM4022A – Sell and finalise the sale of property by private treaty
- CPPDSM4080A – Work in the real estate industry
How long will I have to complete my Real Estate Registration Certificate?
You have 6 months to complete this Course, however it doesn’t mean the course will take you that long to complete. This will depend on your experience, and time available for study. Some of our students have completed this course in as little as a few days.
How many assessments will I have to do?
There are 4 uniquely designed sets of assessments via our very user friendly interactive learner portal for this Course.
How will the course be delivered?
At Validum Institute YOU are in control of the way YOU want to learn. That is what our affordable, flexible and customised approach to learning means. Your course will be delivered via an interactive learner portal combined with personal one-on-one trainer support and assessment help.
Study the way YOU want! It’s YOUR choice:
- Visit the Student Lounge and study in quiet and meet like-minded people also studying your course with direct access to onsite trainers
- Study anytime, anyplace, on any device (PC, laptop, mobile, ipad, tablet) with our simple to use and interactive learner portal
- Why not combine both of the above – access to trainers in person, online, or over the phone support in addition to the interactive learner portal
Whatever study option suits YOU best, we will help YOU every step of the way. We pride our success on the success of our students.
What happens after I complete my course?
Once you’ve completed your course and received your Statement of Attainment, you will need to apply through the Queensland Office of Fair Trading (OFT) for your Real Estate Salesperson Registration Certificate. You can then work within a real estate agency as a Property Manager or Salesperson and
- Buy, sell, exchange or rent houses, businesses, land or any interest in these
- Negotiate on behalf of a buyer, seller, landlord or exchanging or renting of houses, businesses or land
- Show property to potential buyers
- Inspect and assess property for sale or rent
- Advertise a property for rent or sale (includes setting up signs)
- Open up a property for inspection for sale or rent.
For detailed information and steps on how to obtain your Real Estate Registration or Licence with the OFT, CLICK HERE.
How do I enrol in this course?
Want to know more?
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions Page or simply call us on (07) 3193 5270 to answer all your questions.