Key things to know before enrolling in your Full Queensland Real Estate Agent Licence Course
What is a fully Licenced Real Estate Agent?
A licenced real estate agent looks after the selling and buying and/or leasing of houses. You will be able to:
- Market properties for sale and / or rent
- Find suitable renters / sellers / purchasers for properties
- Prepare contracts for sale / purchase / rental agreements
- Conduct property inspections and appraisals
- Prepare and pitch client presentations
- Handle all property related correspondence and statements
- Manage trust accounts and business finances
- Manage and run your own agency
A Real Estate Agent Licence allows you to own and manage a real estate agency, and act as principal licensee. You can also work as an independent contractor and contract your services to an established agency.
What course do I need to study to become a fully Licenced Queensland Real Estate Agent?
To be a fully licenced real estate agent in Queensland you will need to study the Real Estate Agent Licence Course.
If you wish to obtain the highest level of real estate qualification in Queensland you can study your CPP40307 Certificate IV Property Services (Real Estate).
What will I learn in my Licence Course?
19 Units of Competency will be covered in this Course:
- CPPDSM4003A – Appraise property
- CPPDSM4005A – Establish and build client-agency relationships
- CPPDSM4006A – Establish and manage agency trust accounts
- CPPDSM4007A – Identify legal and ethical requirements of property management to complete agency work
- CPPDSM4008A – Identify legal and ethical requirements of property sales to complete agency work
- CPPDSM4009B – Interpret legislation to complete agency work
- CPPDSM4010A – Lease property
- CPPDSM4011A – List property for lease
- CPPDSM4012A – List property for sale
- CPPDSM4013A – Market property for lease
- CPPDSM4014A – Market property for sale
- CPPDSM4015B – Minimise agency and consumer risk
- CPPDSM4016A – Monitor and manage lease or tenancy agreement
- CPPDSM4018A – Prepare and present property reports
- CPPDSM4019A – Prepare for auction and complete sale
- CPPDSM4022A – Sell and finalise the sale of property by private treaty
- CPPDSM4046A – Manage tenancy disputes
- CPPDSM4080A – Work in the real estate industry
- BSBSMB406 – Manage small business finances
How long will I have to complete my full Licence Course?
You have 12 months to complete the Course, however it doesn’t mean the course will take you that long to complete. This will depend on your experience, and time available for study. Some of our students have completed this course in as little as one week.
Upcoming changes to the course
The Units of Competency (Units) in this course are from the CPP40307 Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate) qualification. This qualification is being replaced on 20 March 2020.
Until further notice, the current Units will continue to be recognised by the Queensland Office of Fair Trading (OFT) as the educational requirement for a real estate license or registration.
Students have until 19 March 2020 to complete this course under the current Units. If you have not completed your course by this date, we will transition you (at no extra cost, and with a free extension if needed) to the new Units required by the OFT.
If you are enrolling into the course now, you do not need to do anything different – work on your course with the aim to completing it as soon as you can.
Validum will update you about any changes to your course as soon as we receive further information from the OFT. As always, we are here to provide advice and guidance to help you successfully complete your course.
If you wish to discuss these upcoming changes, please feel free to contact us on 07 3193 5270 (9 am to 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday (Brisbane time)).
How many assessments will I have to do?
There are 7 uniquely designed sets of assessments via our very user friendly interactive learner portal for this Course.
How will the course be delivered?
At Validum Institute YOU are in control of the way YOU want to learn. That is what our affordable, flexible and customised approach to learning means. Your course will be delivered via an interactive learner portal combined with personal one-on-one trainer support and assessment help.
Study the way YOU want! It’s YOUR choice:
- Visit the Student Lounge and study in quiet and meet like-minded people also studying your course with direct access to onsite trainers
- Study anytime, anyplace, on any device (PC, laptop, mobile, ipad, tablet) with our simple to use and interactive learner portal
- Why not combine both of the above – access to trainers in person, online, or over the phone support in addition to the interactive learner portal
Whatever study option suits YOU best, we will help YOU every step of the way. We pride our success on the success of our students.
What happens after I complete my course?
Once you’ve completed your course and received your Statement of Attainment, you will need to apply through the Queensland Office of Fair Trading (OFT) for your Real Estate Agent Licence. You can then work within, contract to, or start your own real estate agency. A real estate agent licence allows you to:
- own or manage a real estate agency
- buy, sell, exchange or rent houses, businesses, land or any interest in these
- negotiate on behalf of a buyer, seller, landlord or exchanging or renting of houses, businesses or land
- show property to potential buyers
- inspect and assess property for sale or rent
- collect rent on behalf of a landlord
- advertise a property for rent or sale (includes setting up signs)
- open up a property for inspection for sale or rent
- manage an apartment complex and sell any units independently, without having to work through an established agency
- operate a trust account on behalf of sellers and buyers.
For detailed information and steps on how to obtain your Real Estate Registration or Licence with the OFT, CLICK HERE.
How do I enrol in this course?
Simply fill out the form the below, and we’ll send you an Enrolment Pack with all the details and next steps
Want to know more?
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions Page or simply call us on (07) 3193 5270 to answer all your questions.