Key things to know before enrolling in your CPP40307 Certificate IV Property Services (Real Estate)
Why study CPP40307 Certificate IV Property Services (Real Estate)?
A CPP40307 Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate) gives you one of the highest VET qualifications in real estate and property in Queensland. By completing our CPP40307 Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate), you will exceed the Office of Fair Trading Queensland’s educational requirements for a Real Estate Agent Licence.
A Real Estate Agent Licence allows you to own and manage a real estate agency, and act as principal licensee. You can also work as an independent contractor and contract your services to an established agency.
Having a CPP40307 Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate) means you are better qualified than many real estate professionals. This may give you a great competitive edge when entering or upgrading within the industry.
What will I learn in my Queensland CPP40307 Certificate IV Property Services (Real Estate)?
24 Units of Competency will be covered in this Course:
- CPPDSM4003A: Appraise property
- CPPDSM4005A: Establish and build client-agency relationships
- CPPDSM4006A: Establish and manage agency trust accounts
- CPPDSM4007A: Identify legal & ethical requirements of property management to complete agency work
- CPPDSM4008A: Identify legal & ethical requirements of property sales to complete agency work
- CPPDSM4009B: Interpret legislation to complete agency work
- CPPDSM4010A: Lease property
- CPPDSM4011A: List property for lease
- CPPDSM4012A: List property for sale
- CPPDSM4013A: Market property for lease
- CPPDSM4014A: Market property for sale
- CPPDSM4015B: Minimise agency and consumer risk
- CPPDSM4016A: Monitor and manage lease or tenancy agreement
- CPPDSM4018A: Prepare and present property reports
- CPPDSM4019A: Prepare for auction and complete sale
- CPPDSM4022A: Sell and finalise the sale of property by private treaty
- CPPDSM4046A: Manage tenancy disputes
- CPPDSM4080A: Work in the real estate industry
- BSBSMB406: Manage small business finances
- CPPDSM4017A: Negotiate effectively in property transactions
- CPPDSM4049A: Implement maintenance plan for managed properties
- CPPDSM4056A: Manage conflict and disputes in the property industry
- BSBLED401: Develop teams and individuals
- BSBRKG304: Maintain business records
How long will I have to complete my CPP40307 Certificate IV Property Services (Real Estate)?
You have 18 months to complete the Course, however it doesn’t mean the course will take you that long to complete. This will depend on your experience, and time available for study. Some of our students have completed this course in as little as a few weeks.
How many assessments will I have to do?
There are 12 uniquely designed sets of assessments via our very user friendly interactive learner portal for this Course.
How will the course be delivered?
At Validum Institute YOU are in control of the way YOU want to learn. That is what our affordable, flexible and customised approach to learning means. Your course will be delivered via an interactive learner portal combined with personal one-on-one trainer support and assessment help.
Study the way YOU want! It’s YOUR choice:
- Visit the Student Lounge and study in quiet and meet like-minded people also studying your course with direct access to onsite trainers
- Study anytime, anyplace, on any device (PC, laptop, mobile, ipad, tablet) with our simple to use and interactive learner portal
- Why not combine both of the above – access to trainers in person, online, or over the phone support in addition to the interactive learner portal
Whatever study option suits YOU best, we will help YOU every step of the way. We pride our success on the success of our students.
What happens after I complete my course?
Once you’ve completed your course and received your Statement of Attainment, you will need to apply through the Queensland Office of Fair Trading (OFT) for your Real Estate Salesperson Registration Certificate or Real Estate Agent Licence. You can then work within, contract to, or start your own real estate agency.
A real estate agent licence allows you to:
- own or manage a real estate agency
- buy, sell, exchange or rent houses, businesses, land or any interest in these
- negotiate on behalf of a buyer, seller, landlord or exchanging or renting of houses, businesses or land
- show property to potential buyers
- inspect and assess property for sale or rent
- collect rent on behalf of a landlord
- advertise a property for rent or sale (includes setting up signs)
- open up a property for inspection for sale or rent
- manage an apartment complex and sell any units independently, without having to work through an established agency
- operate a trust account on behalf of sellers and buyers.
For detailed information and steps on how to obtain your Real Estate Registration or Licence with the OFT, CLICK HERE.
How do I enrol in this course?
Want to know more?
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions Page or simply call us on (07) 3193 5270 to answer all your questions.