The Queensland Office of Fair Trading (OFT) has announced its new training and qualification requirements for real estate licensing and registration in Queensland.
Details of the OFT’s training requirements can be found on the OFT website (please refer to the links below).
What does this mean for me?
It means the Units of Competency (Units) in Validum’s real estate courses will change on 30 September 2021.
After 30 September 2021, the OFT will not recognise the current courses for licensing or registration purposes.
If you enrol in a course now, the following timeframes will apply to your course:
- on or before 1 September 2021 – you will need to submit all your assessments
- on or before 14 September 2021 – you will need to complete and submit all your resubmissions. No resubmissions will be accepted after 14 September 2021
- 23 September 2021 – Validum will mark all Assessments and resubmissions and issue you with a Statement of Attainment or CPP40307 Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate) Qualification (as applicable) by 23 September 2021. This will provide you with sufficient time to apply to the OFT for your real estate license or registration by 30 September 2021
- 30 SEPTEMBER 2021 – this is the last day to lodge real estate licence or registration applications with the OFT using the current course.
What happens if I don’t finish my course by 1 September 2021?
You will be issued a Statement of Attainment by 30 September 2021 for all the Units of Competency (Units) you have successfully completed up to 30 September 2021.
Validum will then transition you into the new course (or Qualification, as the case may be) at no cost to you. This may involve you completing additional studies for any extra Units specified by the OFT and gap assessments for Units that are not transferable over to the new course.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is available to all learners. RPL is an assessment process that assesses your current skill and knowledge and the Units you hold and matches this to the Units in your new course. Validum will provide advice and guidance to you on RPL during the transition process.
What is next?
In the coming months, Validum will be providing extensive support to assist you to complete your course and submit all Assessments by 1 September 2021.
Until 30 September 2021, Validum will keep all learners informed via email of the requirements and timeframes to complete their course. We will also be sending out reminders and transition information.
* Note: Learners who enrol into the CPP40307 Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate) course will need to devote additional study to submit all their Assessments by 1 September 2021.
The new Office of Fair Trading real estate licensing or registration requirements
Please click on the links below if you wish to find out more about the new OFT real estate licensing or registration requirements: